Monday, April 13, 2015

Blogging from A to Z: K is for Kitchen

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge




K is for kitchen
Here's an old one and a new.
They are the same kitchen; 
it's amazing what a year can do
when you take an abandoned house
that has been sitting for five years,
gut it, rebuild, and restore it
with lots of dollars, time, and tears.
But in the end, it was worth it,
I have a lovely house
that was built by my own hands
with the assistance of my spouse.


(November of 2013, my husband and I purchased a bank owned house that had been abandoned for five plus years. There were so many problems with the home, we basically tore it down to the studs and started from scratch. It was like we purchased a lot, foundation, and frame, because everything else we restored. We did most of the work ourselves. We finally finished it and moved in on Valentine's Day of this year, 2015. It has been a rocky road, but in the end, I'm glad we did it. It has been an exhausting yet inspiring experience. I've just shown the kitchen on this post. One  of these days, when I have more time, (we're working on totally redoing the landscaping at the moment), I'll post before and after photos of the entire home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment