Saturday, April 25, 2015

Blogging from A to Z: V is for Voice

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge

V is for Voice.
If I had a choice
I would have one 
that sung
as beautiful as birds 
in the spring.
But since I don't
I certainly won't
sing for you,
'cause you'd have a clue
that my voice is like
a rusty spring.


I wrote this poem in the point of view of my daughter Allison. She is inspiring to me. When she was thirteen she contracted a virus that paralyzed her vocal chords. For over a year her words came out as mere whispers.  The doctors told her there was little they could do to help her. My husband gave her a blessing and called upon the powers above to help heal  her voice. Shortly thereafter her voice returned. It was slight at first. She didn't let it hold her back from being the bubbly, talkative teenager that she had been before her illness. Now she loves to talk. However, she can not sing. At all. 

(above is a picture of her and her son, Hunter).

No comments:

Post a Comment